CITY MULTI VRF Systems: Controls Network (CMCN)
CITY MULTI Controls Network (CMCN)
The CITY MULTI Controls Network can control CITY MULTI, Lossnay and Mr. Slim units. Mr. Slim units are remarkably easy to operate thanks to the
CITY MULTI Controls Network (CMCN), featuring direct digital control technology. The controllers are easy to use, providing a host of functions for the ultimate in comfort and energy saving capability. The controllers are wired into the system via a two-wire, shielded cable for ease of installation and reliable operation.
CITY MULTI Controls Network (CMCN) uses Mitsubishi Electric’s advanced M-NET controls network
Mitsubishi Electric’s reliable high-speed communication bus, M-NET, allows data to flow in large capacities to ensure optimized performance of the system. Each CITY MULTI component is integrated on the M-NET for precise control of the temperature by regulating the output of the outdoor unit capacity to match the needs of each comfort zone. Also, Mr. Slim & Lossnay units easily connect to the M-NET.
Each indoor unit may have one or two remote controllers or none at all. The remote controllers allow the temperature set-point to be changed as well as the operation modes for Cool/Heat/Dry/Fan/Auto (R2-Series only), depending on remote controller. The remote controllers are wired to the indoor unit. The indoor units can be monitored and operated from a central controller or a computer. Most of the remote controllers can display in either F° and C° modes.
On/Off Controller (PAC-YT40ANRA)
Schedule Timer (PAC-YT3STA)
- On/Off Control: for up to 16 group (maximum of 50 indoor units).
- Collective On/Off Button turns all units on/off. Collective LED displays if any units are on, off, or in error.
- Individual On/Off Button for 16 groups of indoor units. Turns individual group on/off. Individual LED displays if any units in the group are on, off, or in error.
- Diagnostics: Flashing LED indicates error.
- Addressing: Requires manual addressing using rotary dial switch to the M-NET communicaton bus (default address is 201).
- Wiring: Connects to TB7 connection terminal on outdoor unit via PAC-SC50KUA power supply or connects to TB3 conneciton terminal on outdoor unit.
- Dimensions: 5-1/8" x 3/4" x 4-3/4"
- Recommended to be used in conjunction with PAR-21MAA Deluxe MA Remote Controllers or PAR-F27MEA ME Remote Controllers for temperature and mode setting.
- Expandability: External input signal can be used for batch operation such as Emergency Stop, On/Off, or On/Off plus prohibit of local remote controller operation. External output signal for collective operation state or error state.
G-50A Centralized Controller
- Schedules up to 50 indoor units. Maximum number of indoor units per one group is 16. Maximum number of groups is 50.
- Use only in conjunction with PAR-21MAA Deluxe (MA Remote Controller) or PAR-F27MEA (ME Remote Controller).
- Scheduling: Supports up nine patterns with up to 16 operations per pattern. Operations include
- mode selection (Cool, Heat)
- set temperature
- prohibition of remote controller functions (On/Off, operation mode change, and set-temperature adjustment). Patterns are applied to each group of indoor units on a per-day basis. Minimum time interval is five minutes.
- Diagnostics: Displays four-digit error code and error unit address.
- Addressing: Requires manual addressing using rotary dial switch to the M-NET communication bus.
- Wiring: Connects to TB7 connection terminal on outdoor unit with the PAC-SC50KUA power supply
or connects to TB3 connection terminal on outdoor unit.
- Dimensions: 2-3/4" x 1-5/8" x 4-3/4".
- Expandability: Can be used in conjunction with G-50A Centralized Controller which has higher priority but requires change in dip-switch setting. Can be used in conjunction with external input/output signals.
The G-50A Centralized Controller is capable of controlling a maximum of 50 CITY MULTI, Lossnay & Mr. Slim indoor units. The G-50A Centralized Controller is approximately 5" x12" in size and is powered from a power supply unit (PAC-SC50KUA). The G-50A Centralized Controller supports operations that supersede control of the remote controllers and include system configuration, daily/weekly scheduling, monitoring of operation status, and malfunction monitoring.
All G-50A Centralized Controllers are equipped with RJ-45 Ethernet port to support optional interconnection with a networked PC via a closed/direct Local Area Network (LAN). Optional software functions are available so that the building manager can securely log into each G-50A via the PC's web browser to support operation monitoring, daily/weekly/yearly scheduling, error email distribution, personal browser and maintenance diagnostics. The optional software functions are licensed on a per G-50A basis for a one-year or three-year term by Mitsubishi Electric HVAC, subject to renewal and associated fees upon term expiration.
The CMCN manages up to 2,000 indoor units from a single network PC (with our TG2000 software)
in terms of operation, monitoring, scheduling (daily, weekly, and yearly), error email, personal browser, tenant billing, and maintenance diagnostic information. The CMCN puts individual, personalized comfort in the hands of the tenants and the building manager.
Our TG-2000 integrated system software provides the ultimate in building management by allowing input of the building’s floor plan with illustrative icons for the CITY MULTI indoor units. This software in conjunction with a maximum of 40 G-50A Centralized Controllers empowers the building manager to control the HVAC system for multiple buildings in a business park, educational campus, or retirement facility. The G-50A Centralized Controller requires the sofware license, which is provided by Mitsubishi Electric.
The TG-2000 software configured with the tenant billing option and interconnected with a RS-485 watt hour meter can calculate the energy consumption relative to the each outdoor unit on a per-tenant basis and generate a per-tenant energy bill.
LMAP03U LonWorks® Interface
The Mitsubishi Electric HVAC LonWorks® interface, LMAP03U, supports up to 50 indoor units with a variety of network variables on a per indoor unit basis. Input variables include but are not limited to On/Off, Operation Mode, Fan Speed, Prohibit Remote Controller, and Filter Sign Reset. Output variables include but are not limited to Model Size, Alarm State, Error Code and Error Address.
The Mitsubishi Electric HVAC BACnet® interface, PAC-YG31CDA, is compliant with BACnet®/IP (ANSI/ASHRAE 135-1995, 135a) and UDP/IP of Ethernet (ANSI/ASHRAE 135-1995, 135b). Our BACnet® interface requires a dedicated network computer configures with the BACnet® software license per G-50A, licensed by Mitsubishi Electric HVAC. The BACnet® interface supports a maximum of ten G-50A Centralized Controllers for a maximum of 500 indoor units.
Click here to see a larger image of the remote controller.